Q: What is Process Sharing and Performance Sharing? What’s the difference?
A: Performance Sharing is what most people are used to seeing at the end of a performance class. It can also be called a “recital”. In Trike Academy, a class that is focused on a polished theatrical product is a Performance Sharing. Parents, family, and friends are invited as spectators to the finished product.
Process Sharing breaks what we in Theatre call, “the fourth wall” (the imaginary wall where the audience is seated.) In Trike Academy, Process Sharing invites parents, family, and friends to be classroom participants. Students are prompted by their teaching artists to demonstrate key skills they have learned in class. Occasionally parents are asked to join their young artist “onstage” which reinforces the knowledge that the skills acquired can be repeated at home. Process sharing primarily takes place in our PreK4-2nd Grade classes.
Q: Is it too late to enroll for the class starting today?
A: As a general policy, we are not able to allow same day enrollment. As we continue to expand our programming, we require more time to prepare before each semester. To reflect this, our enrollment is scheduled to close TWO DAYS before a class is scheduled to begin. The exception to this are our Tuesday classes which are scheduled to close the SATURDAY before a class begins.
Q: I enrolled in a camp/class and I received a confirmation, but no additional information. Did I miss something?
A: One week before camps/classes begin, we will send you our First Day Letter. This letter will cover the course schedule in detail, a staff list, expected attire for you child and other information that will ensure a great experience at Trike!
Q: What is Open Studio? How do I sign up for it?
A: Open Studio is an extension of our camps allowing families that need to drop off and pick up their young artists an hour earlier and/or an hour later than our standard camp times. Open studio can be purchased for a full week or just a few days depending on the need. This can only be purchased in conjunction with a camp registry.
- To enroll in Open Studio, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of camp you are wishing to enroll in.
- Your child’s first and last name.
- An enrollment link will then be sent to you.
Q: We are enrolling in a camp/class and might be missing several days. Is that ok?
A: We understand that sickness, appointments and other matters can come up! Attendance matters not only because it allows your young artist to fully experience the class, but it teaches them accountability and their value! Many of our classes involve group/team work, so others will depend on them to attend for overall success. Please notify Trike with any expected days you might miss, so that we can plan accordingly. Students should try not to miss more than one class.
Q: How do I apply for an Academy Scholarship? What types do you offer?
A: Applications for our Scholarships are available on our Register for Camps & Classes page under Academy. We award 20%, 50%, and 80% scholarships each semester based on need. Applications may be downloaded from our website and submitted either digitally to email@example.com or submitted to our offices in person at:
902 SW 2nd St., STE. F,
Bentonville, AR 72712
PREK4-K FIRST TIME STUDENTS:
Q: Are your classes drop off and pick up only?
A: Yes! So that our young artists can be fully immersed in the experience with out teaching artists, we ask that you drop off and pick up your young artists each day. However, if you would like to observe your child, you are welcome to stay and do so! Please let our teaching artists know and we will gladly accommodate. Our team works hard to make sure out young artists are in a safe, fun and comfortable environment each day!
Q: How young can a student be to enroll in Trike Academy?
A: We generally ask that our littles be at least four years old at the time class begins. What we are really looking for is, are they currently in Pre-K4 and if not, are they familiar with a classroom environment and can they use the bathroom without assistance. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Are summer camps for the grade students are in now or the grade they are going into?
A: Enrollment for all of our summer camps should be for the grade your young artist will be in for the upcoming Fall.
Q: Are lunches provided at Trike summer camps?
A: Lunches are not provided by Trike Theatre.
- For Full Day camps, your young artist should bring a NUT FREE lunch, two NUT FREE SNACKS, and a REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE.
- For Half Day camps, your young artist should bring one NUT FREE SNACK and a REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE.
About Trike Academy’s Ambassador Program:
The Trike Ambassador Program is a chance for young artists, grades 9th-12th to represent Trike Theatre by participation in community events and interactions with the public. These young artists should have personal experience with Trike programs and the transformative power of Trike Theatre experiences.
Benefits of becoming a Trike Ambassador:
- Community Building: Participation and networking at community events by representing Trike.
- Artist Liason: By being a voice for their peers, Ambassadors can help Trike better understand the needs of young artists.
- Peer Leader: Ambassadors develop critical social skills to support newer young artists.
- Skills Acquisition: Confidence in public speaking skills, increased social intelligence, greater empathy.
- Professional Development: Opportunities to participate in professional workshops, events, and lectures.
Pre-Requirements & How to Apply:
- Students must be entering or currently enrolled in high school (grades 9th-12th)
- Students must have completed at least three of any of the following:
- Trike Academy Classes
- Trike Academy Camps
- Trike Productions (Either summer camps or professional productions with Trike) If the prospective student meets the above criteria, please email the following to Head of Academy, Chris Tennisonemail@example.com
- A cover letter expressing interest in the program and describe why you would be a good ambassador for Trike Theatre
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably not from a family member)
Please note, Ambassador opportunities are subject to availability. Not all Ambassadors who apply are chosen for every project. Event attendance will be required yet flexible. Ambassadors are volunteers for Trike Theatre and no tuition is required.